Sunday, May 10, 2015

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

-Polish Idiom for "Not my problem"...or more literally, "Not my circus, not my monkey." (I just liked that.)

When I meet most people I will generally ask them three questions:

1.Do you like your job?

2. What are your realistic and unrealistic dream jobs?

3. What's your favorite city that surprised you?

I have had 4 or 5 people tell me Kraków... So I decided to take a look before heading west.

I completely agree,

Kraków has just about everything going for it.


Here are my Top 5 Reasons

1. It's an overnight train away from Prague (which I liked very much) and Budapest (which I loved.)

 

2. It's relatively undiscovered. This means there are less people enjoying all the stunning architecture and it's incredibly cheap. The free walking tours are fabulous.

Source:wsllpaper.com

3. The museums are great, There's a booming art scene, both with street art and contemporary. Schindler's Factory was also very worthwhile.

4. There are interesting, incredibly depressing, but worthwhile side trips.

5. It's an easy city to visit! It's very walkable, (and did I mention inexpensive?) I stayed in an amazing hostel in an 8 bed dorm that had full breakfasts, and great dinners included! All for $16. Plus, the Poles are masters of English. I didn't come across a single person who wasn't able to communicate with me (most fluently.)

Source: sumfinity.com

I know Jaipur, Agra and New Delhi are the real "Golden Triangle" but I'd highly recommend a different one, "Prague, Kraków, & Budapest."

 

 

 

*I lost most of my Kraków pictures due to a memory card error

 

No comments:

Post a Comment