Saturday, May 16, 2015

Dealing With It

I love a good deal. I come from the type of family that proudly tells recipients what percentage their gift was on sale. My flight to Thailand? $300. Why? Malaysia Air. Sorry mom. It was solidly one of the more uncomfortable long haul flights I've been on. My light and TV weren't working and even though it was morning in Amsterdam, they turned off the lights so we could get accustomed to Bangkok time. Meh.

My second flight went better until the landing. We landed so violently everyone screamed and assumed brace position (a first for me.) a man I'd not talked to grabbed my hand. It was over quickly but right after the pilot kept repeating "sorry, sorry, sorry" over the intercom. The rest of the trip I was simply in awe of the public transportation system. How can Bangkok's trains be so nice? (My cousins might need to do a case study here.) Plus, everyone politely stands to the sides in little lines, and let's everyone off before entering. What a novel idea.

Even better than the trains, though, has been the food. I ended up eating the exact same meal every day because it was so tasty... Though it doesn't photograph particularly well. For so long I resisted being that person who took pictures of food... But I succumbed and then didn't even do a very good job. If you're ever in Bangkok, head to "Inter" and get the red curry duck. It is heaven for less than $3.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment