Monday, April 6, 2015

Vienna aWaits You


From the crowded trains of India to the church service on a train in South Africa, I've had some interesting experiences with trains on my trip. My night train to Vienna was by far the calmest-- and I had company which made it even better. Besides taking an accidental champagne shower and smelling like a high class dive bar, we made it easily to the "City of Dreams."

Upon arrival we ducked into a small, traditional coffee shop. Our two coffee and roll gave us a bit of a shock when it was 15 euro... Welcome to Europe.

While keeping our coffee habits in check, we wandered around and had an overall great time.

Our second night we went to the Opera. When opened, the public's reaction was so negative the architect committed suicide. Art critiques are hard.

We also journeyed to the palace, which had the most bizarrely ugly fountains I have ever seen.

Image source: Maxwell Res

Unfortunately, due to work duties, dad had to leave early and not join me on my way to Prague. But it was great to have a few days.

Happy Easter!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment