Monday, April 6, 2015

Praha

I love Prague. There's plenty of history, gorgeous buildings and you can walk everywhere. Unfortunately, everyone else loves Prague too... And there are an incredible number of tourists.
Since I was there right before Easter there was a wonderful market going on. See that flowering tree in the background? Zipties and fabric flowers.
The highlight of the market (for me) was the 3 hours of live performances each day. I was a loyal audience and went every day. The highlight for me was the youth dance troupes. There's nothing quite like small czech children all dressed up and dancing (except for small Hungarian children, but we'll get to that in a future post.)
The highlight of my trip, however, was getting to reunite with a Czech friend I met in Malaysia (the second one in a week, as I reunited with an Italian friend I met in Malaysia as well.) It was fabulous to have a local guide, especially one who was so delightful. We went to the farmers market, a soup festival (where I sampled sauerkraut soup), and a local pub.

 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the future post on the Hungarian children!

    ReplyDelete