Saturday, November 29, 2014

Things to Do in Kathmandu

Nepal was uneventful-- one of my favorite words now! I spent my days writing in cafes, writing on rooftops and wandering around. I have to say, I highly recommend Kathmandu. The people were great-- I was only bothered a bit (once by men holding hands, which is just a thing friends do here but threw me off.) English is surprisingly well spoken and it's insanely cheap. For a complete breakfast with tea I would pay on average $3.
One of my favorite experiences was visiting a monetary-- I even got to sit in on a class. When the teacher, a monk, came in everyone stood and bowed. There were a few things going on, more kneeling, then standing then some thing with the hands. I tried to follow and hoped I wasn't insulting someone in some way. Then there was chanting. I sort of felt like I was at foreign language catholic mass for the first time never knowing when to stand, sit or kneel. However, other than that I don't really have many stories... unless you want to read about my harrowing experience filling out the same form for five hours because my internet kept dropping off. (A thrilling read to be sure.)

I do, however, have pictures:




















The street outside my guest house.









No comments:

Post a Comment