Saturday, November 1, 2014

Taiwanese Bowling

Written earlier:
Tonight I did what I have to describe as "Taiwanese Bowling." The bowling is in atmosphere only. To play this, you enter a large arena and are given a razor blade, a raw chicken liver and a long piece of bamboo. Oh yes, indoor shrimp fishing, with a bowling atmosphere.

I'll admit, when I was asked if I wanted to go fishing I first thought of a river, when they said it was indoors I envisioned a few probably older men around a small kiddie pool. No, this was serious. There were three ponds, and probably about 50 people, a majority of them around my age. My favorites brought their own poles and bait (and were much more successful.)

Now,  I've never been fishing, though I was once taught the basics of fly fishing on a rugby field (thanks Colyer.) If I'm bad at this, where they literally dump gigantic amounts of shrimp the the pool as you sit there, I feel like fishing might not be my thing. But hey, it was fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment