Monday, October 6, 2014

Lost In Translation #1

I have had the joy of meeting many english speakers in Taiwan. Overall their English is generally excellent, but some things get a bit lost in translation. The results are generally adorable. Here are a few I remember.

"We'll go up the tower when the sun falls down and goes to sleep." = We'll go up the tower at sunset.

"Watch Out Your Head" = watch your head (a sign)

"She was a cucabine." = concubine

"I've been sitting, I need to have some moves." = I need some exercise

"No admission on the raining day."

"I live by the river so I have knowledge of all the fish, but when we go to ocean I loose my power, goes poof." = she doesn't recognize ocean fish

1 comment:

  1. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
    chinese voice over

    ReplyDelete