Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This Girl Just Wants To Have Fun

...and for me fun consisted of 2 things in Singapore-- flowers and festivals. It was Mid-autum festival in Singapore. The celebration incorporated various forms of art from chinese culture, the dominant culture in Singapore (I know what you're thinking, "an arts festival? I'm surprised.") I spent my first two days identically-- walking around downtown, eating, going to gardens and then going to the festival.
At the festival I walked around and talked to people who had booths there. All of them were incredibly enthusiastic and I learned a lot. I spent a particularly long time at the painting and tea appreciation booths. After that I would watch the first show, see the light show and then watched the second show. As I've said before-- my life is tough.
Singapore is a bit too orderly to have any great stories, but here are some pictures.
The Merlion Statue
The Singapore Flyer
The Light Show
One of the many gorgeous lanterns on display.
At night.
Up close during the day.
Skyline
Chinese Painting.
One of the acts.
Don't worry though, I've since come back to Malaysia, where things are not exactly orderly and thus I'll have many more stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment